Cyber Security Advisor
BraunWeiss is looking for a Cyber Security Advisor to work in our Fin-Tech Advisory Services.
Our professionals balance analytical skills, market insight and expertise to help our clients make sound decisions. As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that enables you to excel in an Agile environment. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, make a real impact at BraunWeiss.
- Lead projects to develop best practice policy and processes in security risk, vulnerability, incident, program management, and other security domains.
- Lead security policy and process development projects to align clients with best practice frameworks.
- Lead security program governance and communication framework projects.
- Translate business requirements into technical and programmatic security requirements.
- Enable clients to meet business objectives by providing technical and operational expertise of Information Technology and Information Security practices, processes, and applications.
- Communicate status of remediation tasks to the security program, compliance, and business management.
- Contribute to executive security program review meetings.
- Support business compliance with risk, audit, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Contribute to project management plans, work breakdown structures, and status reporting for deliverable tracking to clients.
- Support clients’ Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) in the development and execution of risk management, vulnerability management, and incident management programs – policies, standards, processes and performance of tasks.
- Develop standards, baselines, and processes associated with security operations and engineering.
- Develop and maintain cyber security program communication framework, processes, and content to support key business stakeholders - Chief Information Officers (CIOs), Privacy Officers, Chief Technology Officers (CTOs).
- Minimum of 7 years in information technology or security role
- 3-5 years of cyber security consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Information Systems Management, Computer Science or related fields or equivalent
- Knowledge of Active Directory, system hardening, concept of least privilege, network segmentation, operating systems, logging and monitoring, application architectures, data classification, and other relevant supporting knowledge.
- Experience with best practice and compliance requirements and standards – NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, DFARS,CMMC, C2M2, ISO 27001/2, SOX, GITC, OWASP, HIPAA, SOC2, GDPR, CCPA/RA, PCI-DSS, etc.
- Experience implementing or operating governance risk and compliance, vulnerability management, access management, incident management, or monitoring & alerting tools
- Experience with endpoint protection, EDR, SIEM, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, CASB, secure email gateways, MDM, web content filtering, AWS/GCP/Azure security
- CISM, CISA, CISSP, CCSP, CASP, Security+, CRISC, CGEIT, GSEC, or other relevant certifications
- Familiar with chat applications (Teams, Slack, etc.), online meetings (Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.), and other collaboration tools
BraunWeiss is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status age or disability.