Business Systems Analyst (Remote)
BraunWeiss is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to work on our Finance Transformation and Digital projects. Must be positive, enthusiastic, team player, willing to learn, willing to take on new responsibility and ownership of challenging tasks. This is a client facing role, so exceptional communication and presentation skills are required.
This position will work closely with users of our enterprise systems, gain knowledge in identifying solutions requirements, and designing, configuring, and training on the solutions. The Business Systems Analyst will be expected to develop expertise across multiple functional areas, in both business process and technical configuration knowledge for ERP system and supporting systems. This role will also consult with and provide advise to end users and manager small to medium projects. The position will employ both traditional and agile project management methodologies when working on projects.
- Assists in identifying and initiating innovations and solutions utilizing enterprise systems where precedents and procedures may not exist. Works cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Provides day-to-day support to a variety of business users of the company enterprise systems, including access requests, troubleshooting errors, and aiding in their use.
- Identifies and responds to requests for system training needs; develops and provides both group and individual training to end users.
- Configures and tests systems to implement process improvements.
- Actively participates in cross-functional teams to solve problems.
- Identifies the people critical to resolving issues and reaching decisions and brings them together.
- Mediates stalemates within and among groups to move group forward to successful business process improvements.
- Utilizes a network of relationships to collect and disseminate information, build support, and secure buy-in for desired objectives.
- Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine software, hardware, or system functional specifications
- Under direction, evaluate and recommend new technologies; analyze new software releases for implementation issues, including suitability to need, training, budget, and other concerns.
- Research third party solutions to problems and to enhance productivity, making effective use of vendors to provide timely progress on projects and increase user acceptance.
- Act as a liaison between IT and user community; assist in clearly defining and assessing technology needs of department and/or practice group, and document findings; recommend adjustments to maximize use of existing technologies.
- Consult with end users to define requirements for software applications.
- Develop requirements. Write specifications for developers, under general supervision.
- Configure, test, and implement software to meet customer requirements.
- Design and develop workflows.
- Under direction, design and develop new systems by choosing and configuring hardware and software.
- Under general supervision, use basic project management techniques to manage projects and activities.
- Work with software vendors regarding resolution of application bugs and systems issues.
- Redirects and escalates application problems to senior resources or third parties (vendors, contractors, and others) as necessary when additional assistance is required.
- Develops knowledge base of problems encountered, root cause of problems, and solution steps.
- Understand business processes across functional teams.
- Pro-actively identify areas of improvement and functional gaps in existing systems
- Work cross-functionally to help create and understand business processes and requirements to meet future demands.
- Fields incoming requests as needed from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Documents problems, resolution, and new solutions for future reference using service management tools and resources.
- Identifies the root cause of recurring incidents and determine how to address root cause to prevent future incidents from occurring.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
• 3 - 5 years’ work experience with ERP and other business systems
• Testing, developing test plans
• QAD Standard/Enterprise Edition experience preferred
• Excel Power Query, Excel pivot tables, Excel Power Pivot a plus
• Experience developing process flowcharts or process maps
BraunWeiss is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status age or disability.